- Your midwife will visit from the day after discharge until 10 days following the birth; but longer if required. Should you need to contact the midwife you can telephone – 01334 465851
- Your Health Visitor will have regular contact from day 10 after the birth up until 8 weeks of age (this will usually be at home). Your Health Visitor can also be contacted by telephone – 01334 465877
- The Health Visitor holds a clinic on the LAST Monday of every month between 10:00 and 11:30 where your baby can be weighed and you can receive advice and guidance on what services are available to you. This is held in Health Promotion Room 1, Minor Injuries Unit, St Andrews Community Hospital. No appointment is required.
- We would ask that you register the baby with the practice as soon as possible
- We would like to see Mum and baby at the surgery 6 weeks after birth for the “6 week check” and would ask that you make appointments for both of you with one of the GPs
- The routine immunisation schedule begins when your baby is 8 weeks old. We run an immunisation clinic every every Tuesday afternoon from 14:00 to 16:30. You will automatically be sent an appointment by Child Health for this clinic.