PATIENT LOGIN - For Appointments and Prescriptions. Opens in a new browser window...

Access to Healthcare Whilst Abroad

Ensure you apply for and carry a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) which entitles you to access immediately necessary state provided Health care in the EEA (European Economic Area) countries and Switzerland. This card replaces the E111 form. The treatment you receive whilst carrying this card will be at a reduced cost or sometimes even free.

For more information or to apply online visit

Travelling to a Non-EEA country? You may also receive reduced rate or free treatment if the country you are travelling to has a reciprocal agreement with the UK.

Visit the Non EEA Countries guidance page on the NHS site.

Please note: It is important to understand that the EHIC does not cover all Health Care costs and you are advised to have personal travel Insurance.