The Pipeland Practice Nurses are all Registered Nurses who have undergone extra training to work in Primary Care. They can offer appointments for many conditions previously considered to be the remit of doctors. They have time to provide education to patients, which can enable individuals to better manage their health or condition.
What can Practice Nurses help with?
- Cervical smears
- Travel advice / immunisations
- Blood Pressure (BP) / Hypertension reviews
- Respiratory reviews (Asthma and COPD/COAD)
- Chronic Kidney Disease reviews
- Lipid / Cholesterol reviews
- Health checks
- Lifestyle advice